AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself just kind of haunting Amazon's listings to see what's on the horizon. Is there a better "coming soon" list (that gets frequent maintenance?), and doesn't require scrolling through pages of dated material to get a concise picture?

Links are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would say at this point, neither list is the least bit impressive. They certainly are not giving people a good reason to adopt these formats.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrix49 /forum/post/12983820

I would say at this point, neither list is the least bit impressive. They certainly are not giving people a good reason to adopt these formats.

I read somewhere that next week Warner will have some exciting title announcements.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrix49 /forum/post/12983820

I'd agree, the soonest things I want are No Country For Old Men, Baron Munchausen and Bonnie & Clyde, but not a one in February and only one in March. Poop.

Good old SD DVD, there's always something good to see on you.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Bill Hunt has said that some "great" titles will be announced next week. I don't know if they are catch up Warner titles for Blu Ray or new titles from another blu studio.

there are about 5 HD DVD titles that I would buy, but with the current state of the war, I will now officially be in wait mode with HD DVD.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't pass on Zodiac if it was one of the ones you had in mind, it's a great transfer and one of the best movies on either IMHO.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I really would like to see "zodiac".

After the warner announcement, I just can't justify spending any more money on HD DVD. I am down to about 18 HD DVDs, I have been selling and trading them in.

I will just DVR it when it comes out on Cinemax or HBO HD.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson /forum/post/12985884

After the warner announcement, I just can't justify spending any more money on HD DVD. I am down to about 18 HD DVDs, I have been selling and trading them in.

I will just DVR it when it comes out on Cinemax or HBO HD.

The way I see it, even a great movie usually only gets played a few times in most peoples collections, feeling the need to purge my collection of great stuff isn't really a great idea. It would be different it were something inferior to what I'm buying on BD, but it's not, especially in this case.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Ramzyk /forum/post/12985162

Are the GRINDHOUSE films going to be HD DVD only?

For now, the only way to get GrindHouse is through imports...

Weinstein hasn't released a film in HDDVD in ages and they haven't announced any future hi-def plans.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolan99 /forum/post/12988438

For now, the only way to get GrindHouse is through imports...

Weinstein hasn't released a film in HDDVD in ages and they haven't announced any future hi-def plans.

Agreed. "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror" will be coming to both formats in Germany.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson /forum/post/12985884

If you're looking for it on Blu-ray, Warner will be releasing "Zodiac: Director's Cut" in the UK on April 28, and all announced Warner Blu-rays will be region-free.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts