AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a lg 60 display model for 7.7K which is a fair discount off the internet price. its a well known b&m with a full warrenty.

i haven't checked the hours (anyone know how on an lg?). i see no burn-ins

·
Registered
279 Posts
Isn't that similar to the Zenith? I have seen some people comment that the 60" Zenith looks great. Some don't like the customer support. That's a big TV. I saw a 50" at Costco that looked HORRIBLE. Muddy, NO blacks and just an overall nasty picture. For me I rather have an amazing 50" image than a crappy 60" for the SAME amount of money. If you have seen it and it looks good to you then jump on it that is a good sign that we all might be seeing some monster plasmas at an even LOWER price. I think I'm going to get one of the Pio 503cx models. They got good reviews it seems. All the best.

Mike

·
Registered
798 Posts
That model has to be last generation . The next generation panel is a much better product. Newer Glass , they call it their KK Panel.

Be sure to view the panel prior to buying as the older units do not have the brightness or contrast of the newer versions.

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was once headed in the same direction until I had a chance to view the New Mitsubishi 60" right next to the New Panasonic 6UY 50". The 60" was just not as sharp or bright as the Panny. The detail on the 50" was so much better that I discontinued my quest for a 60". Best of all I was able to buy the new Panny at 30% of the price of the 60". Talk about savings.

My best advise is to make sure you get to view any Plasma you buy before you take the leap. Best if you can view those you are considering side by side.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would rather pay for a good quality 50" then a mediocre 60". Make sure you like the picture of the LG 60" before buying. I almost bought the 50" Akai (5090), but I couldn't get over how bad DVD's looked on it. I settled on the 50" Panny for ~$1000 more.

If the LG looks good to you, then go for it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the new model is called the zenith 60PW38. Avoid the PW26. The 38 is competitive with other panels of its size in terms of brightness and contrast ratio, and has faroudja chips onboard.

I thought it looked pretty good.

Joel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.