AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished installing WHS2011 on an ASRock motherboard, the install went well and I only needed to install the NIC driver seperately (I used the Windows7 driver), however should I now also install the other Windows7 motherboard drivers such as RST, ME, INF and VGA.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
I'd run a windows update and see if it grabs anything in the optional update area.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to load the motherboards Windows7 64bit chipset drivers which has been largely successful. The only issue I have is the USB3 driver failed to install stating that it is not supported and I have an unknown device in Device Manager which from Googling appears to be something to do with Intel Smart Connect. I am now running a windows update which is installing 95 updates (500+ mb).

David

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidT99  /t/1468422/whs-2011-and-motherboard-drivers#post_23208893

I decided to load the motherboards Windows7 64bit chipset drivers which has been largely successful. The only issue I have is the USB3 driver failed to install stating that it is not supported and I have an unknown device in Device Manager which from Googling appears to be something to do with Intel Smart Connect. I am now running a windows update which is installing 95 updates (500+ mb).

David

In Windows Update the drivers would be in the Optional area and not pre-selected. I usually deselect all the required ones first, then select all the optional driver related ones and install. Then I let it install the required updates.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I also installed WHS2011 on a Gigabyte mobo, and where necessary used the Windows 7 x64 drivers without problem. Everything has been working fine for me with the exception of USB3. The Win7 x64 drivers are installed fine, and there are no errors in Device Manager, but WHS will not detect a USB3 device when I plug it in. Nothing at all, not even an error. Plug the same device into a USB2 port (in backwards compat mode), and it's detected fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USB3 requires specific hardware and supporting drivers. I don't believe USB3 drivers are native to WHS 2011 which shares the same baseline as Windows 7.

For my Asus Sabertooth motherboard, I had to load drivers from the motherboard's disc to get USB3 support.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtedwards  /t/1468422/whs-2011-and-motherboard-drivers#post_23210642

USB3 requires specific hardware and supporting drivers. I don't believe USB3 drivers are native to WHS 2011 which shares the same baseline as Windows 7.

For my Asus Sabertooth motherboard, I had to load drivers from the motherboard's disc to get USB3 support.

My motherboards USB3 drivers refuse to load on WHS2011.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.