AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never seen it , but i think since this technology is looming in the horizon, we need a thread that specifically adresses 1080p vs 1080i, so we all don't rush out and discard our sets, not knowing what we are getting into.

Even HD dvd is 1080i, what all we know 1080p will never be in the networks transmission scenario, so it may be a technology whose promise will never be fullfilled. Unfilled scan lines give for a poor picture, with artificts, as i witnessed on a 1080p Samsung, and Mitsubishi DLP set, that i had them play a dvd on.

This thread will be an interesting thread on this specific contrast of the two competing display technolgies, 10801/1080p

·
Registered
631 Posts
 Here is a thread (for instance) that 10 seconds of searching found me.

Short answer: Current tech is not future tech. Scalers vary greatly in capability, and there are really really spiffy ones coming sooner rather than later. Don't believe everything you read.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I too have never fully read the article until now and it brings to light a lot of good points that the 99.9% of the public that aren't tech geeks should know...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calikarim
Read this link as to why 1080p is not practical in todays television infrasture of sets, studios, networks, television equipment and bandwidth. http://www.hdtvexpert.com/pages/reality.htm
This article has been hashed, rehashed, bunked, debunked, ad infinitum. It's already been decided here that it's not very accurate or well-researched and the writer is biased. It's nothing new....

·
Registered
691 Posts
UGH! Would somebody please put this article out of its misery already? You'd think the author would've removed it himself out of embarrassment by now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.