AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a progressive DVD player with component out (Y-Pb-Pr) 3xRCA type connectors. The AE100 has component in. Why is everyone buying a transcoder. I would think that the transcoder would be for front projectors with no component (Y-Pb-Pr) in. Is using the transcoder just a way to get into the W480 mode thru VGA and a chance to adjust R,G,B? If so than the transcoder will not help in getting a cleaner picture just more adj. for your own taste. Is this correct or am I missing something.

John

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The RGB input provides a sharper image than the component input. The AE100 does scaling via the component input that leads to some artifacts that don't appear via the RGB.

So the bottom line is that the WIDE480 mode that is only available via VGA is the best input of the AE100. You could use a HTPC, but for those who want the best possible picture without a HTPC can use a transcoder or an iScan.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

i used transcoder key digital with htpc . i tried it on 75u. using break out cable component out from transcoder vga in to pj using pstrip i get 625p signal its great. using vga cable from htpc to pj not like 625p. i like to drive signal through transcoder i think its better.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
HTPC, at a non-standard resolution, should beat the progressive DVD player. How do you have your HTPC setup as far as software, drivers and calibration?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.