AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading and searching and reading and searching... I've gone through most of the threads I could find from the search pages and either I've gone blind from it or this problem just isn't there...

I got me of these motherboards (I'll refrain from posting the name to save all the groan posts) with the CMI8738 chip with that audio bracket (the fancy one with all the digital ins and outs). Anyway, I've gotten everything to work except two things: passthrough as usual, and the ATI TV out... what I've come to find out is that the ATI TV sound is being sent to my analog speaker out jack on the MB... why isn't this (or how can I tell it) to route to the digital S/PDIF that all of my other apps seem to use? Everything works through the digital jack except ATI TV... doesn't make sense! I can even get the ATI DVD to use that (it just doesn't pass along the right stream), why not the TV player? So I figured I'd ask hoping there's a switch somewhere to flip...

Some additonal info:

I said I wouldn't mention it, but it's an Iwill XP333-R with the Super Audio Kit... the mobo itself only has one internal spot for CD audio so I connected my wonderful 8500DV's CD_Out jack to it and told the ATI TV Init wizard thats where my sound is... (was that wrong?) The ATI manual didn't help me much, seeing as if this was indeed to be used for the TV output, why call it "CD_Out"? Running XP Pro. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.