AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why all the new boxes are silver?Silver doesn't work for me.Are there any new boxes coming out that are black???Thanks bm

·
Registered
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by batman09
Just wondering why all the new boxes are silver?Silver doesn't work for me.Are there any new boxes coming out that are black???Thanks bm
Hmmm, why? I don't know. To remind us to put them in an AV closet where they belong?

Gary

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
To match all those futurisic DLPs and LCDs I guess. to go in all those George Jetson livingrooms... Which is why I got a Pioneer Elite in piano black.

Just make sure you get one with RF remote control and hide it!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am with batman09 on this one folks. Silver is ugly, and no I don't have the luxury of a cabinet in which to hide it.

Bring back black.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The only good part with the silver color is that it hides dust well. Although anyone who truly loves the ht setup would never let it get dusty anyways.

I prefer black, but if it works flawlessy and delivers great audio/video performance send me one that is pink with flowers on it!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
vereekej

Thanks I feel the same way. Guess we have a bunch of interior decorators in here now ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
seems that components colors change with time in the 80's everything was Silver then the sleek Black Component's took over for a while and now Sliver is on a comeback why I believe it because Companies have way too many Executives that have nothing better to so one of these guy s suggest that their product will have increased sales if it were to stand out from other componets so we should change out color to silver

yeah yeah says the other twenty exec's Great suggestion you just proved why we pay you that outrageous salary ............

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also do not like silver components. They reflect too much light. I like my components black with flourescent dimmers so they disappear in my home theater. Unfortunately i'm in the market for a set-top-box and if I want to get in the game then silver it is.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gmshoemaker
Hmmm, why? I don't know. To remind us to put them in an AV closet where they belong?

Gary
What's really weird is that S-A makes the 3250HD with a black face and the 3270HD with a silver face. They are both the same otherwise. The 3250 is for cableco's to rent and the 3270 is for retail sales, go figure.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.