AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
It is a best buy exclusive tv not a bad set. But I am not an owner so I will not get in to super specifics. But it does have all the internet options samsung has to offer. Including their qwerty remote. It is basically a 7000 minus the 240hz. Thus the 3d is not as great.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh /forum/post/20885022

search for it and it did not show up.. You did not have to be so rude

Sorry, but it was REALLY EASY to find. Try it yourself by going to the Google Search AVS box at the top of the page and type in D6900. You don't even have to type Samsung.

The first thing that pops up is the D6900 Blu-ray player and the third item is the UNxxD6900 Owner's Thread.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was too Specific in my search i guess my putting the whole model number BUT that is still no reason to be so rude.. as I said Excuse me.. I have been on here for years and gotten a lot of help from many people.. i am grateful to them

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh /forum/post/20886451

I was too Specific in my search i guess my putting the whole model number BUT that is still no reason to be so rude.. as I said Excuse me.. I have been on here for years and gotten a lot of help from many people.. i am grateful to them

As I said, I'm sorry you took it that way. I do try to help folks as much as possible, but when there is a perfectly good thread that is exactly what someone is looking for, then it's frustrating when someone else starts up one of their own. It just clutters up the Forum. If I knew where you live, maybe I could come over and paint your house, wash your car, and mop your floors so that you'll realize I really am a nice guy.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20886494

As I said, I'm sorry you took it that way. I do try to help folks as much as possible, but when there is a perfectly good thread that is exactly what someone is looking for, then it's frustrating when someone else starts up one of their own. It just clutters up the Forum. If I knew where you live, maybe I could come over and paint your house, wash your car, and mop your floors so that you'll realize I really am a nice guy.

Yeah Jim, let me know! I'll join y'all and bring the cold beer so we can keep cool while watching your mastery work... :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh /forum/post/20887391

actually, just painting would be great
I will supply the beer.. Sorry from this end, but even in the thread there isn't a lot of info.. really sad..

I think the 6900 is really a 7000 in 6000 clothing... you might get better info from the 7000 thread.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the main difference is that the 6900 is 120hz and the 7000 is 240 hz... i will continue my reading.. What i was really trying to find out also is if best buy makes it impossible to get some of the apps... i have read you cannot do amazon tv, which i don't but i want a good netflix, youtube, etc app..

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh /forum/post/20888355

the main difference is that the 6900 is 120hz and the 7000 is 240 hz... i will continue my reading.. What i was really trying to find out also is if best buy makes it impossible to get some of the apps... i have read you cannot do amazon tv, which i don't but i want a good netflix, youtube, etc app..

There is always one thing to consider that nobody else has mentioned...

If you need a new Blu-ray payer also, there are many on the market that have as many or more internet apps than several "smart" TVs. Since you're apparently still looking to find the perfect TV, maybe you could get a TV with fewer (or no) internet apps and get a good Blu-ray player that has the ones you're looking for. It's always been my opinion that the simpler the number of features, the less that may go wrong in the future, and it's less costly to replace a Blu-ray player than an expensive TV.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
I would agree with Mr. Jim. That's one of the reasons why I went with an LCD without internet. Performance over "goodies". At the time I bought my tv, a good BD player with built-in WiFi was cheaper than the price difference between a tv with and without WiFi. That has changed now I know but more to the point, I felt that a standalone would have better features, be easier to upgrade, and be easier to repair should something go wrong. Chip sets change all the time so spending $200 or whatever every few years for a new BD player with WiFi is cheaper than replacing a tv every few years, unless you're one of those who have to have the latest and greatest
, and if that's the case, I what to come over to your house and watch tv

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyh
Gee, didn't realize it was 120 Hz. You know, 240 Hz is supposed to be better for 3D... full 3D 1080 resolution.

Here is a list of apps from the Samsung website:

"Samsung Apps is a growing collection of premium apps specifically built for your TV that connects you to your favorite digital content such as movies from Netflix or Blockbuster, TV shows from Hulu Plus, videos from YouTube, Next Level sports information from ESPN, Music from Pandora, and social updates from Facebook or Twitter."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.