AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 movies while in Cuba and I tried to play them on my A30 and it wouldn't. I borrowed a cheap Phillips dvd player from a friend and it played fine. What is the problem?

·
Registered
292 Posts
LOL those cheapo DVDs mostly play on the cheapo DVD players. Everyone should have one of those for that purpose. I know I do. LOL

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Philips players tend to play anything. Mainstream upconverting players (even Sony, Panasonic, LG, etc.) have issues with discs if they are not authored a certain way. I went through 5 different upconverting players (none were Toshiba) trying to play DVD+R discs burned by my Magnavox DVD recorder before settling on an upconverting Philips DVD recorder (lousy upscaler BTW compared to my A20).

·
Registered
485 Posts
I haven't had any problems playing DVD-R's in my A3. Even one that was scratched to hell. But I've only tried 2 or 3.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM99 /forum/post/12928397

I haven't had any problems playing DVD-R's in my A3. Even one that was scratched to hell. But I've only tried 2 or 3.

Actually, wait a sec, you're right I just remembered, we watched tons of DVD-Rs on both the A2 and A30. Should have mentioned that ealier. Had no issue at all either.
Could it be the way it was written? Sometimes the types of disks matter also. Or maybe Fiedel Castro's made some codes for it to play on US players
j/k Wait....how are you able to go to Cuba?? (Unless ur not in the US?) But anyway, to answer ur questions, thats a lil weird but mine play fine on both players.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the manual said something about dvd-r having to be finalized?

BTW----I go to Cuba legally with an academic license.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Yes they should be finalized burned disks for the player to recognized.

Else it shows it as an unfinished disk that could be copied over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts