AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dish Network normally displays Artist/Title Info for each song on it's Sirius Music Channels (in a screen saver type mode, where the block of text slowly moves all around the screen), but...

Ever since I routed the Dish Network Signal through my ReplayTV #5040, we don't see that Music Info anymore. ( :eek: )

At first, I thought the 5040 was responsible somehow for losing the Music Text, but as I write this post, I'm recalling that I also had to swap out Dish Receivers when I set up the 5040 (because the 5040 wouldn't interface with Dish Receiver #1's UHF Remote Signal), so...

Right now, I'm thinking that Dish Receiver #2 probably just can't display the music text (?), and I'll try to confirm or deny that suspicion shortly.

But in the mean time, is it possible that the 5040 is responsible for losing all of the Dish Network/Sirius Music Channel text? Is there a 5040 setting somewhere that I can change to bring it back?

Thanks much, regardless --

Ken

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nn2g2bT
... But in the mean time, is it possible that the 5040 is responsible for losing all of the Dish Network/Sirius Music Channel text?
I see the text fine through my ReplayTVs hooked to two 6000 receivers and a 301. So I think the answer to your problem probably lies with your Dish Network receiver.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Years ago when I had a showstopper, I could not view any of the menu screens of my Scientific Atlanta cable box through the replay. The replay somehow thought it was not receiving a video signal.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoester
Years ago when I had a showstopper, I could not view any of the menu screens of my Scientific Atlanta cable box through the replay. The replay somehow thought it was not receiving a video signal.
Quite so, a lot of the "generated" text cable boxes put out are non-NTSC compliant. TV sets are quite forgiving in this respect and display them with no problems. The Replays aren't as forgiving and don't display the info at all. If you have a VCR connected to your Replay, just get up a menu screen on it. As far as the Replay is concerned, the video is non-existent.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Could it just be some display mode that got turned off? Maybe with an info button or something? Sounds strange it works for most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.