AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get either program to rip just the movie to my HD but then nothing will play it. What's the deal? The IFO and VOB files are there but there isn't any player that I've found that can play it (Zoomplayer will play the VOB one at a time, no good). Why not? Or, where is it? Also, DVD2SVCD seems to make nice copies (for the kids to use without ruining my original) but I'd like to (if I can't just copy the IFO and VOB files to a DVD-R) merge the two MPEG files into one large one to write to just 1 DVD-R. Is this possible? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
WinDVD can play VOB files from the hard drive - and if the files are in a folder called VIDEO_TS then you can have it play from the IFO file (run IFO Edit first and have it create IFO files) which allows being able to skip chapter ahead/back, pick audio stream etc... just like a normal DVD. Also, if you play from the IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder, and the vob files are numbered correctly, then WinDVD correctly advances to the next vob of the movie.

>> Search and find Bob's ripping 101 thread/guide for detailed info on ripping.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
sherbona is correct, check your settings again..if you like you can rip all the extra out of the dvd and just have 1 big vob of the movie..or you can leave all menus intact and it should play fine as well..the iso method seems to be easier for alot of people..

brickie

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You could also use either DVDdecrypter ot SMartripper to rip the VOBs that contain the main movie and the ifo and bup files only.

This way you get menus and a playable main movie with no extras.

In this scenario the advantage of DVDdecrypter is macrovision removal on the fly.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.