AVS Forum banner
  • Take part in a short activity and share your valuable opinion on new design concepts for AVSForum! >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

Why did I lose my paid movie?

1347 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  bkchurch
Purchased the movie Bug HD just after Christmas and could not fully download without getting an error. Went back a few times that day and live recognized I already purchased it. So thinking I could go back at a later date (today) and d/l the movie, I was disappointed to see I have to purchase the movie again!?!!? What gives and how do I get my points back?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
don't you get it for a certain amount of days only? I'm not sure the specific amount of days
I think you have 7 or 14 days to watch, and 24 hours from start to finish. Call up MS and let them know it never finished downloading due to their service being wonky.
On movies you don't purchase them you rent them.

And yeah, like darklordjames already said you have 14 days to watch it then u have to buy it again, and once you start the movie, you have 24 hours to watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtiak /forum/post/12882379


On movies you don't purchase them you rent them.

And yeah, like darklordjames already said you have 14 days to watch it then u have to buy it again, and once you start the movie, you have 24 hours to watch it.

Unless you stay disconnected from Live.
Even so I'd ring up customer support because as we all know Live had it's share of problems. Heck, profile recovery wasn't even possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology /forum/post/12883382


Unless you stay disconnected from Live.

You can't play the video without being connected to Live.
I'll tell you what it is. I had the same problem. The last time I got RROD it was right as I pressed the download button for "Crank". The time code for using the movies are stamped in the 1st 1% of the download. When I got my box back, I downloaded the other 99% and couldn't use it. I called MS and that is what they told me and it seems to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/12884504


I'll tell you what it is. I had the same problem. The last time I got RROD it was right as I pressed the download button for "Crank". The time code for using the movies are stamped in the 1st 1% of the download. When I got my box back, I downloaded the other 99% and couldn't use it. I called MS and that is what they told me and it seems to make sense.

I think your 360 was trying to tell you something about the movie "Crank".

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieloneil01 /forum/post/12884919


I think your 360 was trying to tell you something about the movie "Crank".

QFT! That movie was horrible. Here is what's worse, I paid to download it again so I could watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtiak /forum/post/12883486


You can't play the video without being connected to Live.

That would make sense as I have this problem with XBLA purchases, but I have infact played a movie without a internet connection that was passed it's expiration. I then connected to live and it immediately expired. I have also in another circumstance downloaded a movie, then brought my 360 to my parent's house and watched it there without an internet connection.
BUG? CRANK? Both of those are awful, but in distinctly different ways. Sounds like your 360 is looking out for your best interests.
What was wrong with Crank? I thought it was a pretty badass action flick?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top