Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm...

I have CSI programmed on series record, but for some reason, it didn't record the final episode of CSI (I think there were two on that night, and it only recorded the first show that night). I think they were listed as two separate programs, too.

Then, I had programmed (via the Guide) the UTV to record The Practice on Sunday. I remember that although it placed the red "record" dot on the first hour of the program (was listed as two separate programs, not one two-hour program), when I hit record for the 2nd show at 10-11 p.m., the record dot looked "funny" -- almost like there was an "X" or something in the middle of the red dot. Needless to say, it only recorded the first show, and now my wife is annoyed at me for not recording the exciting finale.

Any ideas? The UTV has plenty of recording time left as far as I can see. Nobody touched the machine, so it wasn't like the channel was changed or anything. I am stumped, and want to find out what I did wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
For the Practice, seems the second show had a conflict. Check your recording history.

CSI- The box either missed or you had the same conflict....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corey,

Thanks for the prompt response.

What exactly constitutes a conflict? I have only one of the tuners hooked up (too cheap to have the installer visit again). I thought I read that UTV records 5 minutes before and after each program. Since I don't have two lines into the UTV, could THAT be the source of my problem?

Hmm. Maybe this is the answer. Any experts out there?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Luvtv, you probably had another show scheduled to record at the same time, which forced utv to dumped CSI (because it record the first esipode).

I think its time for the new line before the wife has to put you on the couch for a week ;) :p :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ItsDouglas,

No surprise there. I HATE how they win all the time (and shouldn't they have better offices if they win all those class-action lawsuits?), but my wife loves the program.

ATTN: SPOILERS. In case I am able to find a copy of the program, PLEASE don't ruin it for me here.

Also, if anybody still has the program (the 2nd hour from Sunday), and would be willing to transfer it to tape, I'd be happy to reimburse you for reasonable costs.

Thanks. This continues to be a very nice community.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LuvTV
What exactly constitutes a conflict? I have only one of the tuners hooked up (too cheap to have the installer visit again). I thought I read that UTV records 5 minutes before and after each program. Since I don't have two lines into the UTV, could THAT be the source of my problem?
Padding isn't the source of the conflict. UTV will only soft pad a program if the tuner is available -- as in "not needed to record something else". In an earlier post you mentioned the "funny looking dot". That's definately the conflict indicator ... a red dot with an X through it. Look through your History (very bottom of MyShows). I bet you'll find some helpful information about why the conflict occured, or at least why UTV thought their was a conflict.

·
Registered
524 Posts
LuvTV ... what did it say in your history file?

I got both CSI shows two seperate recordings.. so it's not the UTV didn't see it.

Survivor is another matter.. who would have thought the end would have been in the reunion... give me a break CBS.... :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
My UTV thought that each of those CSIs were 1 Hr and 15 minutes long. Since I didn't have anything else scheduled, I got part of the second show at the end of the first recording. The second recording started on the hour with the start of the second show. Weird.:confused:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottboy
My UTV thought that each of those CSIs were 1 Hr and 15 minutes long. Since I didn't have anything else scheduled, I got part of the second show at the end of the first recording. The second recording started on the hour with the start of the second show. Weird.:confused:
Check your history...

Sounds like you only have one tuner and the recording is padded for 15 minutes..

Check you options on this event.. ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tivowner
I just want to know why CSI is listed in small print like csi in the my shows section where it wasn't before?
Because I bet you changed it from a Series record to an Auto record. If you use auto record it uses the exact string you used for the search. In your case ,you must have searched for "csi" in all lower case.

-NJJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody out there who recorded the 2nd hour of the season finale of "The Practice"? Please -- my wife is beating me up for screwing up the recording. I'd be happy to compensate you for your time.

Also, yes, I guess I had "The Shield" set to program at the same time - simple conflict. But I'm not sure why the 2nd hour of CSI was omitted.

Thanks for the help, folks. I'm hoping my "The Practice" angel is out there somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.