AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many mkv files that have DD tracks that I have been playing fine for months. Well I got the Wall-E Blu-Ray today and I wanted to rip it down as an MKV with a flac track (something I have done many times before). Since Wall-E is a DTS-MA movie I needed to get the DTS decoder from TMT, so I installed it (Previously I had PDVD and most of my rips have been TrueHD).

After I ripped and remuxed it, I went into VMC (via MediaBrowser) and tried to play the file only to find I had no audio. Thinking I did something wrong, I wanted to test it first, so I tried to open in MPC and the same thing happened. Then I tried to open it directly in TMT, and it worked fine, so I knew the rip was OK.

That left me stumped, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get audio on the file in VMC. Frustrated, I thought I would try another MKV file I had, and I had no audio on that either, so I tried another, only to find that none of my previously working mkv's would play audio.

I went through all my settings in FFDShow and on my device driver, and all was set as it should be.

Finally, I gave up and just did a restore back to last night (before I installed TMT), and all my files play again, including my new Wall-E rip.

Does anyone know why this would happen, or how to fix it. I would like to install TMT again, as I do want the ability to convert DTS-MA.

Is there anyway to just install the DTS decoder, as I don't need anything more than that as I plan on ripping all my Blu-Rays to MKV so I never have to deal with these crap programs.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
That's odd, it's working fine for me. What flac decoder are you using? I use madflac, which works perfectly in MPC and VMC (with Media Browser).

Also, after you installed TMT, you did reboot?

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have madflac as well. I did reboot.

This only happened after installing TMT, before that everything worked perfectly. It is again working perfectly because I have removed TMT, so the problem definately lies with something it is doing.

Why would TMT affect files being played directly in VMC?

·
Registered
409 Posts
TMT delivers it's own Haali Spliter (ARCMATROSKA) I believe. I'm not home now to actually look. Seems like I had a similar problem awhile back and had to change the filter merit on the Haali Splitter to make it be used instead of the TMT supplied one. Did you by chance register all the TMT filters for DTS decoding in EAC3TO. Open your problem MKV in GraphEdit and see what spliter is being used. Try this with and without TMT installed, and I think you'll see your problem.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Nelson /forum/post/15570976

TMT delivers it's own Haali Spliter (ARCMATROSKA) . Did you by chance register all the TMT filters for DTS decoding in EAC3TO. .

How do you register the filters?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts