AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I realize that the production team that made the KD-34XBR may have been made up of entirely different personnel than those who made the KV-34XBR910, one thing is really bugging me given the many similarities between the KD-34XBR2, KV-34XBR800, and KV-34XBR910...

Why did Sony drop the idea for animated menus after introducing it in the XBR2 series from 2001? The current menus in the 910 and the 800 harken back to the old three color display that is commonplace for other Sony sets. On the other hand, the XBR2's menus are beautifully animated, and almost look like a Windows display box, which really adds a nice touch to the set.

Anyone want to venture a guess on this question?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I haven't seen the menu's on the XBR2. The 910's are pretty cheap looking. Is the xbr2 anything like the 910's memory stick menu? It's kind of nice looking... although the 910 I saw it on had ghosting in the gui!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well I'm not expert on GUIs, but my guess is that since the 34XBR2 is more expensive, so maybe Sony had to cut less corners. I'm not saying $2000 or $2200 for the XBR800 and the XBR910 is cheap, but the XBR2 costed $3500 when it was released. In any case, I'm sure it was cheaper for Sony to simplify the menu. It's a shame since the XBR2's menu is prettier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.