AVS Forum banner

Why Do I Have To Keep Downloading The Media Update

991 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  h3ro 
#1 ·
anytime i try and play m4a tracks from my ipod the 360 asks me to do a media update. why do i have to do it again after shutting the system off? i could download it right now. WITH IT ON MY HDD....turn off my system until tomorrow and it will ask me to download it again. a couple of my other friends are having the same problem.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth /forum/post/15527143

anytime i try and play m4a tracks from my ipod the 360 asks me to do a media update. why do i have to do it again after shutting the system off? i could download it right now. WITH IT ON MY HDD....turn off my system until tomorrow and it will ask me to download it again. a couple of my other friends are having the same problem.

This is a complete guess, but could it have something to do with the license for the m4a?

#3 ·
My cousin has to do this as well but with just about every type of video , not sure what is going on , why would some 360's have to do this and others not (seems very odd) .

- Jason

#4 ·
all that i know is that it's really bothersome

#6 ·
didn't work bro thanks

#7 ·
My brother had this problem on his Elite. It was due to him having an incomplete download of an old demo on his hard drive. Deleting this data fixed the problem. He stopped the download but never resumed it and left the file on his disc.

I'm guessing the old demo keeps it's priority in the download queue regardless of whether its listed there or not and doesn't allow the patch files to be installed as there is still a file waiting to be installed ahead of the patch, thus, once you shut off the system, the patch gets deleted from the temporary cache.

Just go through your memory looking for the yellow exclamation point icon next to a piece of data and delete it. Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.