AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a velodyne vx-10 sub, it sounds great when watching movies here are the setting are as follows:

SW -9.0db

L +1.0db

C +1.0db

R +1.0db

SR +5.5db

SBR -1.0db

SBL -1.0db

SL +5.5db

and when listening to music i have to turn the sub up to about +5.0db to get a decent kick from it. im streaming the music from my playstation 3 hardrive via optical cable, i dont know if bitrates and all that stuff matters, if it does let me know, its just annoying having to crank up the sub for music and turning it back down for movies.

thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It's probably because you have your front speakers set to large in your system. Your getting plenty to your sub during movies because of the separate LFE channel. If you want your sub more active during music you'll need to select "small" front speakers.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
What Pittdog posted is one good way to free your mains from deeper bass duty and let the sub reproduce the deeper bass.

Try the classic 80Hz cutoff,with a sub in the ideal (or close)spot it should not call attention to itself. And here you should find a setting that works great for HT and music.

I never change the setting(gain)for the subs when listening to music or watching a movie. You may need to experience with various CDs and DVDs to find your ideal setting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome thanks guys worked like a charm, kind of weird how it said the front to large and the sb to small when they are the same speakers (paradigm titans).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.