AVS Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax542  /t/1509749/why-do-onkyos-and-nads-weigh-so-much/30#post_24183499

If you could pm me, with anauthorized dealer willing to do this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Google it.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax542  /t/1509749/why-do-onkyos-and-nads-weigh-so-much/30#post_24183499

If you could pm me, with anauthorized dealer willing to do this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks

you have a pm

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:

Thanks

Get in contact with jdsmoothie at avs. He can help you out.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk  /t/1509749/why-do-onkyos-and-nads-weigh-so-much/30#post_24183360

Usually when generally reliable tools such as Audyssey "don't work" the hidden agenda is a room with really strange acoustics. Either that or a system that is already brilliantly well-integrated to start with, but that is pretty rare except with professionally-designed rooms.

I don't know if my room has strange acoustics, but it has a most unusual shape with an asymmetric convex ceiling. Audyssey seems to lose its **** in there

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I would like to thank everyone for the information, opinions, and PMs. I got a great deal on a new in box Yamaha RX-A3020 that I found at a Best Buy a few states north east of me.

I understand that things have changed significantly over the past 12 years and that weight alone is not a good indicator of build quality or performance. However, due to my old ways and biases, I am somewhat thankful that this machine will have a little girth to it.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmax542  /t/1509749/why-do-onkyos-and-nads-weigh-so-much/60#post_24204639

I would like to thank everyone for the information, opinions, and PMs. I got a great deal on a new in box Yamaha RX-A3020 that I found at a Best Buy a few states north east of me.

I understand that things have changed significantly over the past 12 years and that weight alone is not a good indicator of build quality or performance. However, due to my old ways and biases, I am somewhat thankful that this machine will have a little girth to it.

Excellent choice. Now for the learning curve on setting thing up. Good thread on your choice though with plenty of helpful users.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts