LG - 32LG30

Samsung - LN32A450

Samsung - LN32A330

Samsung - LN32A550

Sharp - LC-32SB24U

Sony - KDL-32L4000

Sony - KDL-32XBR6

Sony - KDL-32M4000

Those are all the TVs I bought and exchanged ( Best Buy must really hate me by now ) and only 3 of them didn't suffer from Motion Blur.

The KDL-32L4000, KDL-32M4000, and the KDL-32XBR6.

I ended up keeping the Sony KDL-32L4000 because out of the 3 Sonys that was the only one that didn't have a weird Backlight adjustment ( 32M4000 ) or Sparkling Issues ( 32XBR6 ).

Why do so many TVs this year seem to have so many problems? I have the LN-T3253H I bought last year and that Samsung doesn't suffer from Motion Blur like all these new Samsungs.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp1978 /forum/post/14265762

LG - 32LG30

Samsung - LN32A450

Samsung - LN32A330

Samsung - LN32A550

Sharp - LC-32SB24U

Sony - KDL-32L4000

Sony - KDL-32XBR6

Sony - KDL-32M4000

Those are all the TVs I bought and exchanged ( Best Buy must really hate me by now ) and only 3 of them didn't suffer from Motion Blur.

The KDL-32L4000, KDL-32M4000, and the KDL-32XBR6.

I ended up keeping the Sony KDL-32L4000 because out of the 3 Sonys that was the only one that didn't have a weird Backlight adjustment ( 32M4000 ) or Sparkling Issues ( 32XBR6 ).

Why do so many TVs this year seem to have so many problems? I have the LN-T3253H I bought last year and that Samsung doesn't suffer from Motion Blur like all these new Samsungs.

It might have something to do with them using cheaper parts and spending less on engineering to make up for the losses they eat on people abusing generous return policies after failing to do adequate research. Did you really, really have to take home all of those sets to determine that they weren't satisfactory? I don't blame Best Buy for hating you...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dont listen to this guy..he obviously works at best buy.

I agree with the OP.

The cash we spend on these panels..well they'd better be good performers, issues such as motion blur, dead pixels, clouding etc.this late in the LCD game is simply a joke.

If i performed at my job as well as Sony/Samsumg's quality control dept's id be fired.

We have people buying $2,000 dollar high end panels(a750's, z4100's) who are having numerous issues including sparkles on the sonys, ghosting on the sammy's, along with power supply issues.

Frankly after experiencing both giants products this year i miss my old westinghouse 37'.

Keep on taking back those flawed sets until hopefully you find one that wasnt pushed out the door by timmy the retard.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fociz /forum/post/14265939

Dont listen to this guy..he obviously works at best buy.

I agree with the OP.

The cash we spend on these panels..well they'd better be good performers, issues such as motion blur, dead pixels, clouding etc.this late in the LCD game is simply a joke.

If i performed at my job as well as Sony/Samsumg's quality control dept's id be fired.

We have people buying $2,000 dollar high end panels(a750's, z4100's) who are having numerous issues including sparkles on the sonys, ghosting on the sammy's, along with power supply issues.

Frankly after experiencing both giants products this year i miss my old westinghouse 37'.

Keep on taking back those flawed sets until hopefully you find one that wasnt pushed out the door by timmy the retard.

Uh, no... I've actually never worked in retail. It IS abusing the return policy if you return 8 different TV sets, 5 for motion blur - this is different from, say, dead pixels. You can easily demo the TVs and see how they handle motion in the store, or trust reviews from good sources online. Regardless, he's making everyone pay more for their sets because of his lack of research prior to taking the 8 sets home. Why do you think Costco has to tighten their return policies? Because of people like him... Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, everyone seems to praise all the Samsungs I tried but I don't see why. Maybe they're just Samsung Fanboys. I also prefer to take them home seeing as how I like to try all my game consoles to make sure they all look good.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibbs /forum/post/14266016

Uh, no... I've actually never worked in retail. It IS abusing the return policy if you return 8 different TV sets, 5 for motion blur - this is different from, say, dead pixels. You can easily demo the TVs and see how they handle motion in the store, or trust reviews from good sources online. Regardless, he's making everyone pay more for their sets because of his lack of research prior to taking the 8 sets home. Why do you think Costco has to tighten their return policies? Because of people like him... Thanks

+1, returning this many sets is an outrage. Consumers like you ruin future policy for everyone else who doesn't abuse and return for legitimate reasons. All TV technologies have their own flaws, there is no perfect technology that will leave you with perfect colors, brightness, motion, blacks, and everything else someone might desire.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph /forum/post/14266290

+1, returning this many sets is an outrage. Consumers like you ruin future policy for everyone else who doesn't abuse and return for legitimate reasons. All TV technologies have their own flaws, there is no perfect technology that will leave you with perfect colors, brightness, motion, blacks, and everything else someone might desire.

I agree. Just cause Best Buy lets you abuse their policy doesn't mean it's ok. Thumbs down.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

Quote:

I concur, the original poster SHOULD have been able to see his issues in the store simply by having the store show a soccer game. I think the original poster may actually have other issues (OCD) that don't have anything to do with the set's capabilities. Another RED FLAG is that this guy already has a 32 inch set he LIKES, why would anyone go out and buy a set he DOESN'T like?

So, it is likely that there really were no issues with those sets. It was actually a "operator error". I have one of the 32LG30's and see none of the motion blur the original post fabricator is suggesting. Returns are for DEFECTS or (possibly) because it was the wrong size (i.e. Looked big in store but is small on the wall once you got it home), not "um, I decided I didn't like it...or .... The color scheme is off for my bedroom...or...I'm having a bad day today and just want something to do since nobody else will play with me..."

PS - I don't consider someone with 18 posts as having a great deal of Video expertise. On the internet, people often need to first prove themselves before I (personally) will give them any type of expertise credit. IMHO, this could well be a 17 year old kid who is being paid by a manufacturer to "Internet Bash" their competitors rather than an actual unbiased consumer.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yeah I'm kind of wondering about all that motion blur myself especially on a 32 inch set.

I have a vizio Vo32L and I don't see any motion blur, and I watch a ton of sports.

As much as I love my TV and love the whole Vizio story, I find it hard to believe that they have some how solved the motion blur problem but the larger more established companies haven't.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
It is very hard to see motion blur in the stores with their crap feeds (you can't tell what is the signal, and what is the TV) but when you get it home, those sensitive to the sample and hold blur of LCD will be greatly put off by it. (as it looks like the motion goes out of focus when anything moves (when on an old CRT or plasma, it stays in focus) If the OP is willing to try one more set, give the 32 inch vizio plasma a try, just to see if you can see the same blur on it as well.

If a company doesn't put out a decent product, you can bet I would return it, until I find a product that is worth keeping.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:

You can easily demo the TVs and see how they handle motion in the store

Based on the quality of video that best buy seems to feed into their display? I think not. Everytime I go to best buy, I'm embarrassed by what they try to pass off as HD. They might have 1 or 2 TVs hooked up to a BluRay player, but most everything else has a signal that's considerably worse than DVD.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldkronos /forum/post/14267489

Based on the quality of video that best buy seems to feed into their display?

i have to agree with you there. i remember going into a BB a while ago and saw 2 of the same displays side by side, showing the difference that their calibrations could make, and the calibrated set was on ESPN HD and the non-calibrated set was on the standard version of ESPN. sad...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Until they come up with some way to hook a pc/xbox/ps3/bluray up to the set your interested in at the store there is no way your going to see what the set is capable of and even then the store is so bright its usually nothing like the environment the set will be in once at home.

On top of that they usually dont offer up the sets remote unless you ask for it and its like pulling teeth with these guys.

You usually have someone who doesnt know a damn thing about the set your looking at or you have someone who doesnt give a rats azz if you buy the set or not and seems disgruntled that your there bothering them.

When i see someone here post how they compared the pq of the sets in store using their **** feeds it makes me want to point at that person and simply laugh at their stupidity.

On the flip side of that coin its not the consumers fault these mega-electronics stores dont provide adequate environments.

Keep taking those sets back until you find the one that fits your needs.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Move your head back and forth rapidly without focusing on any particular object. Tell me what you see.

Brandon

·
Registered
4,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/14267550

i have to agree with you there. i remember going into a BB a while ago and saw 2 of the same displays side by side, showing the difference that their calibrations could make, and the calibrated set was on ESPN HD and the non-calibrated set was on the standard version of ESPN. sad...

Lol, this is called fabrication of the truth. That "calibration" setup you speak of was nothing of the sort. That setup is showing people the difference between SD with proper masking and HD. I know this because every BB has to follow to the same exact planogram set by corporate, and ESPN is the only channel to be used to for this Demo. The calibration setup has two geek squad voltage meters and a BD feed playing side by side to show people the difference a calibration can have on power consumption. It isn't even so much to show people the difference in detail, but the advantages of a calibration on the enviornment, and life extension of the set.

Let's not fabricate for the sake of making a point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
8 sets returned?? damn. Talk about obsessive disorder. I don't think there is such thing as a perfect TV. I think after a while you'll get flagged for returning too much and you'll lose the privilege. My GF would go nuts on me for wasting so much time returning TV's. I can't imagine loading my 42" 8 times and driving back to Costco. Probably spend more time returning then enjoying the TV.

Good luck in finding your dream TV. I know my Toshiba isn't perfect but I'm enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism /forum/post/14268134

Lol, this is called fabrication of the truth. That "calibration" setup you speak of was nothing of the sort. That setup is showing people the difference between SD with proper masking and HD. I know this because every BB has to follow to the same exact planogram set by corporate, and ESPN is the only channel to be used to for this Demo. The calibration setup has two geek squad voltage meters and a BD feed playing side by side to show people the difference a calibration can have on power consumption. It isn't even so much to show people the difference in detail, but the advantages of a calibration on the enviornment, and life extension of the set.

Let's not fabricate for the sake of making a point.

That maybe true, but Best Buy is without a doubt one of the worst offenders of customer deception by butchering all the non top tier brands.

and and that is not fabricated because I witnessed it first hand and every Best Buy I've been into all does the same thing. and Oh yeah PUSH PUSH PUSH the monster cables

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
As for the OP, I agree that is a bit excessive, but I suppose it is his right. While motion blur is rather difficult to detect bacause it may be within the source, this shouldn't be the case, considering all the sets have the same exact feed. When you see 100 sets on a single wall, you can see which sets have smearing/blurring, since they are all on the same channel, with the same feed. I personally can see that the Sonys handle blur better than any of the other LCD's without the implementation of the 120hz. So, although it is his right, and he may excercise it as he chooses, doesn't change the fact that his reason for return were nothing other than ignorance.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts