AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some threads recently about the improvements over component that the Bravo D1 DVD player provides with the 5500. Being the owner of a 5500, I'm very interested in improving what I think is already a great picture. However, I'm curious what the difference is between the Bravo and an HTPC with respect to tearing. Also, can anyone using the D1 with a 5500 comment on whether they see any percieved improvement in contrast / shadow detail. This is the area in which I'm least satisfied when using my 5500 with an RP-82.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I was just over at another 5500 owners home last night. He wanted to see my D1 on his PJ. There's a problem with the 5500 and DVI. He didn't think they would have a firmware fix for it. There is a fix for the same problem using RGB though.

The D1 looked very nice, except for the tearing on panning/tilting motion scenes. It wasn't horrible, but enough that we both thought the improved image quality was not worth the tearing.

FYI: We also compared the RGB input to Component and the RGB looked better out of a Dish 6000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.