AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do have a PC hooked up to my Denon AVR but why have to burn the power of a secondary device just for Pandora when it's built into the AVR? Shouldn't there be an update for Denon owners and Pandora One members so that they could get the higher quality stream available to Pandora One subscribers? Doesn't make sense to limit to 128k streaming in these expensive AVRs. What's the reason behind this limitation?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
You'd have to ask Pandora. It's Pandora's servers that are choosing to give you a lower bitrate tham you paid for, not Denon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't realize that happens. Doesn't seem right to me either. Do you know if it's the same for Spotify also?

·
Registered
28,725 Posts
 http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/90985-audio-quality

Quote:
Audio Quality

Pandora on the Web plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192kbps for Pandora One subscribers. All in-home devices play 128kbps audio, and mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+.

Follow the instructions below to change your audio quality settings:

On the Web:

Once you're signed into your account, click your email address (or name) in the upper right corner, click Settings and select Audio Quality.

On the Desktop Application:

Click on the menu arrow between the two thumbs icons and select Preferences. Audio quality preferences are under Music Streaming Quality.

So AVR's are limited to 128kbps whether free or Pandora one.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt  /t/1510366/why-does-denon-limit-the...if-youre-a-pandora-one-customer#post_24176073

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/90985-audio-quality

So AVR's are limited to 128kbps whether free or Pandora one.

One year ago I "upgraded" to Pandora One, and afterwards discovered the confusion related to this "upgrade". I'm now receiving e-mails from Pandora telling me how to go back to Pandora One. I'm ignoring the e-mails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts