AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that evry once in awhile I have to reboot my TWC 8300HD DVR because it stops outputting DD 5.1, I even select Other (PCM) which works, I than go back to Dolby Digital and nothing. After I reboot it it usually is fine for awhile. What is causing this, software updates? Thanks.

· Registered
3 Posts
I haven't had a problem receiving DD 5.1 over the TosLink optical connected directly to my receiver. It's a pain to switch the Audio options in the settings menu to Dolby Digital, but I've gotten used to it.

The problem I'm having, though, is I've decided to connect just the HDMI to my Hitachi 50VG825, and then run the optical from the TV to my receiver. For some reason, the sound is coming through as PCM, rather than DD 5.1.

The tech at Hitachi says that the TV will output DD through the optical output, but it's possible that the SA does not support DD out through the HDMI. The owner's manual for the SA states that the HDMI does output DD.

So I can't figure out if the problem is with the STB or the TV...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.