AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
No but the files may be larger since transport streams seem to be one of the best compressions schemes right now. I've tried converting too but I loose 5.1 capability at least on my system....

Why convert?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because every video player I use I run into a problem. VLC I get a grey line on bottom of screen. Windvd 7 for some reason I can't get the file to play. I tried windvd 6 and it works but for some reason it only detects that I have 2 speaker plugged in. I tried Zoomplayer but it lags like crazy.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
You shouldn't lose any quality if you use something like VideoReDo. I have converted a few because I had problems playing them in Zoom Player, but I typically leave them as TS. There's no significant difference in the file size.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Don't know if this will help your problem but I don't use anything else but mplayerc. For starters I havent found an HD video file that mplayerc wouldn't play. Also it plays files even with errors and without any stuterring, something I can't say about that other media player like MS 9 or 10. Possibly there could be better players around but I'm so content with mplayerc that I havent bother to check anything else for quite a while now.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I usually use the Nvidia video codec w/ DXVA,VMR9,XP3000+,9800pro w/ ZP. Works great.

And so does mpg,wmv and others.

I don't use windvd and vlc stutters no matter what i do. ZP for ALL my media files.

WMP10 does ts/tp too but I hate it!

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I first thought I'd just strip to MPEG-2 files but too many things have problems. I think maybe some of the needed timing and control info is typically stored most accurately in the TS streams.

- Tom

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Remember that most of the devices capture natively in .ts anyway, not in Mpeg. So why bother changing it? I can do a lot more with the raw .ts file.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i use media player classic

i go to the overrides settings and put dscaler5 on prefer

after install vertical blank is selected automatically

have you installed scaler?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.