AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I record at 24p it has a ton of ghosting, basicly worthless video it's that bad. Is there anyway to remedy this?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You've got to do some fancy 2:3 pulldown thing with canon's funky 60i codec for everything. Some sort of combo progressive and interlaced frames thing that only some editors can handle and only if you explicitly tell them what they're looking at / expecting.

Tis why I went with a Sanyo (progressive ONLY). Not that 60p has true 24p editing, but it's cadence is live-able.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay will this only effect the video when im playing it on my PC, or if I watch the file on my PS3 will I still see defects?? someone on another forum said I will only see the pulldown while i'm playing it on my pc, that when I play it on my TV I wont see any pulldown, is that right?? doesnt sound right.

I loaded the file up in After Effects, clicked on guess 3:2 pulldown, then clicked okay, rendered the file and now it plays back in slow motion. Did I forget to do something?? when I pulled it up in after effects it said 29 fps, eventhough I know I recorded it in 24p, then after I clicked guess pulldown it stated it was 23.97. Not sure what I did wrong.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
afaik, the PS3 "understands" canon's format. You're typical 3rd party player probably doesn't as it sees 60i, so it plays 60i. Even though it may be 30p or 24p in a 60i container. The inherent problem is that some video editors also see 60i and treats it as such. Leaving you a need to buy an editor that "understands" canon's format (even though you may still need to explicitly tell the editor what it's looking at).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts