AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but when I use my Sanyo projector through its VGA input, it's a great, normal picture. However, when I try to use it via the component inputs, for xbox or playstation, it has a green tint. I've gone into settings & tried everything, but can't figure out the problem.

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,750 Posts
Just realized you are using multiple source devices. I'd say bad port. Could be a loose connection on one of the component cables.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have mentioned this in my original post: I've tried using the component inputs with 2 separate xbox systems and 2 separate n64 systems, and they all have the green tint. I also bought a component to VGA adapter, and we still have the green tint. Yet, when I use a VGA cable to connect to my laptop, it works fine.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I should have mentioned this in my original post: I've tried using the component inputs with 2 separate xbox systems and 2 separate n64 systems, and they all have the green tint. I also bought a component to VGA adapter, and we still have the green tint. Yet, when I use a VGA cable to connect to my laptop, it works fine.
N64 is composite, FYI.

Component is different.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Well if you plug composite into component, depending on the arrangement of cables, you end up with a green picture.

Make sure you are plugging component r g b cables into component plugs.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
First, check your cables. Component is usually Y`CrCb, meaning luminance, red and blue, the green is derived from those. If your cable is not working correctly, you can get a green tint. Aside from that, the other common issue is to have your display set to RGB over component instead of Y`CrCb. Because RGB expects all inputs to discreetly give each color (red, green, blue) a Y`CrCb signal interpreted as RGB will have a green tint (the luminance signal is interpreted as green).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts