AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a ReplayTV 5000. While I love the features, it locks up every 3-4 days which prevents it from recording shows. I've been unable to get a response out of tech support (I wonder why?), so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

The problem looks like this:

1) Replay is operating normally

2) Every 3-4 days, I'll come home and see a screen that says "ReplayTV is checking for software updates." At this point the unit is frozen. The only think I can do is reboot.

3) After rebooting, there is a "Unable to Guarantee Record - network operation in progress" message for every show I wanted to record while it was frozen.

4) I happened last night (4/9). I checked 411-replayzones, and it had dialed in successfully at 4am on 4/7. Maybe it doesn't check for software updates everytime, so the only time it freezes is when it does?

I realize one possible solution to this is to set up a home network and get rid of the dial up, but before I spend that $$$, I'm hoping I can get the existing setup to work. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks-

Doug

·
Registered
98 Posts
Clear your channel guide twice (do 243+Zones, then select #2 clear channel guide). You need to do this twice. Then do 243+Zones, then select #7 net connect. This is a known issue and is being investigated by SonicBlue engineering.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mlc0903
Clear your channel guide twice (do 243+Zones, then select #2 clear channel guide). You need to do this twice. Then do 243+Zones, then select #7 net connect. This is a known issue and is being investigated by SonicBlue engineering.
Does this work around the problem? I was under the impression the

hanging had something to do with errors during dialup and was a little

surprised to see it had something to do with the channel guide.

·
Registered
915 Posts
This is a known bug. We're currently working on a fix. Suggestions that's had some success:

1. Slowing down the modem.

2. Calling a different phone #.

3. Trying an Alternate if you're using primary, primary if you're using an alternate...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.