AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't renew last year, and I don't see it again on my bill. I called over there and they said that it might not have "clicked in" yet and that I should try again later. Sounds like hogwash to me, but im willing to wait it out. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
The billing doesn't start till June. Check one of the NFL Sunday ticket info channel and down the bottom it will tell you that you are authorized for this program. There is a couple of different channel but ca't rember which 1 but it is in the low 200's

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked that channel and it says "Press Select for ordering information" so i read the next cahnnel up about renewal, and it said if it doesnt auto renew that i still can before may 31st for the renewal price. That's why i called because the renewal price is $20 cheaper than the early bird price.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I got my statement showing a renewal about 2 months ago. The Billing is just before the Season begins, I think.

Problem is that every year they send me that statement, and every year, around July they cancel my Subscription. The first year this happened I did not know till the Season began, when I could not get the Games. I told the CSR to put a note on my file that I "NEVER" want to be canceled, yet every year they do.

One CSR, last year, told me that I had requested a cancellation. I told him to read the note on the Account. He was confused and again inquired if I or "maybe" someone in the family had canceled.

No No No !

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called back today to see if another CSR would help me out. He didn't know why it didn't renew, but when I told him I wanted it to renew he put me on hold for 2 minutes and did so for the renewal price $179.

On another note I got a mailer from them today saying that some games will now be Interactive, with live scoring on the screen, in addition to HDTV coverage coming soon as well, should be a good season to have ST.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Now, if only the NFL can stop this Musical Chairs parade, with players moving around so much that teams barely resemble themselves from last year !

*** My team, the sad sack(s) Vikings will probably have 8 or 9 new players on Defense - - - Come to think of it, that's a good thing ! Forget what I said above.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hpierce
It didn't renew last year, and I don't see it again on my bill. I called over there and they said that it might not have "clicked in" yet and that I should try again later. Sounds like hogwash to me, but im willing to wait it out. Anyone else have this problem?
Same thing has happened to me every year since I first signed up. Ordered Sunday Ticket in 2000 when I subbed. Had to call to find out why I never rolled over in 2001, 2002 and just this week I called again. At least this year a rep forwarded me "up a level" and I got an explanation....not sure if it's true....but....it's better than the "Uhhh....I'm not sure...." that I received in 2001 and 2002.

I was originally subbed in 2000 with Bell Atlantic....who was handling D* accounts on their own. Then, in early 2001 D* took over those accounts...and billings....and the rep said it's *possible* at that point my account was never "recognized" in their system as being a renewal each year.....OR it was because I had changed my "main account" receiver several times since I subbed in 2000.

Either way, it doesn't explain why a rep couldn't re-flag the account to rollover EACH YEAR since it started happening. Hopefully the fella I spoke to took care of everything.

BTW---this same "issue" happens every spring when my EI subscription doesn't roll over either.

Either way, they were accomodating and it wasn't too much of a hassle.:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jaypb

I was originally subbed in 2000 with Bell Atlantic....who was handling D* accounts on their own. Then, in early 2001 D* took over those accounts...and billings....and the rep said it's *possible* at that point my account was never "recognized" in their system as being a renewal each year.....OR it was because I had changed my "main account" receiver several times since I subbed in 2000.
Interesting, because I have had the problem every year and I also subbed with Bell Atlantic. Maybe that's it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hpierce
Interesting, because I have had the problem every year and I also subbed with Bell Atlantic. Maybe that's it.
Goes to show you how SOME of the CSR's over at D* are more knowledgeable than others eh?

:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.