AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this CGI made film,may be better than RE extinction and PQ and SQ is also good but not a reference quality.Want your opinion guys?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I bought it the day it came out... been a huge fan of the series since the start on Playstation... I enjoyed the movie, PQ and SQ were alright... nothing to write home about. Kind of wanted more though. Still vastly superior to those trash Resident Evil movies they have been coming out with.

Pretty much the movie is 99% of fans of the series though... doubt many people who don't like/know about the series would enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunt /forum/post/15540471

I bought it the day it came out... been a huge fan of the series since the start on Playstation... I enjoyed the movie, PQ and SQ were alright... nothing to write home about. Kind of wanted more though. Still vastly superior to those trash Resident Evil movies they have been coming out with.

Pretty much the movie is 99% of fans of the series though... doubt many people who don't like/know about the series would enjoy it.

I agree may be this RE is fun than all of the previous films.I am too a fan of this capcom game,can't wait for RE 5 game,a decent trailer for gamer included.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dug the first half, but I just couldn't get into it. I shut it off after about an hour. I guess it gets better? I just didn't like this very much. I do like the games and i have seen all the movies. I dunno... meh...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm a big fan of the games but I thought this movie sucked. It's still a billion times better then those ****** movies but I was very disappointed in it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Resident Evil: Degeneration was the first zombie movie ever which could make zombies boring.

Next time, let's have less talking about every tiny boring minute plot point of the OMGCONSPIRACY and more blasting zombies. I don't know who actually thinks the Resident Evil games have this amazing storyline, but they need to fired immediately by Capcom. People play Resident Evil games for the zombies, everything else is just window dressing before the zombies.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About zombies movies,I think Diary of the Dead is ever sucked zombie film even directed by G.Romero.Their friend did the record stuff while a friend was eaten alive.Also nowaday zombies must chase/run after the victims,not the old day or this RE degeneration walk like a drunken.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I found it a bit disappointing, as well.

Claire didn't get to kick enough ass, frankly. She got to hold a gun for all of, what, 30 seconds? And then she spent the last 30 minutes of the movie limping around by herself. Kind of a waste.
Oh, and when they did the (very brief) flashback to RE2, they should have had Claire appear in her alternate "cowgirl" outfit from that game--that would have been hilarious!

Also, the animation was a bit stiff and awkward looking a lot of the time, and the voice of the little Indian girl made me wish Leon would shoot her in the head instead of a zombie.

And, you know, is it too much to ask for a Resident Evil movie to actually feature a creepy, run-down Victorian mansion for once?

I didn't have any complaints about the PQ/AQ of the Blu-ray, though. I thought that it looked crisp and detailed and sounded excellent.

·
Registered
JVC NZ8, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 7.2.4 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robonaut /forum/post/15541717

I didn't have any complaints about the PQ/AQ of the Blu-ray, though. I thought that it looked crisp and detailed and sounded excellent.

Agreed! I thought that the PQ was quite good with nice dark scenes with lots of detail if your setup can handle it. I especially like the CGI dust motes and other detailed touches. These CGI anime flicks aren't for everyone, but if you liked either Final Fantasy, you'll probably like this too. I did.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This BD is the prequel for the game RE5 of xbox360 and ps3 in this March.according to xbox site.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
No Mia, no care.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I watched it over the weekend as well on BD and was disappointed in it as well. Mind you I am not a gamer so I hadn't played the games. But I have been a fan of the previous movies so I thought I would give it a try.

I was thinking it would be as good, or better than one of my other favs in this style Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within. I saw that a few years ago and was amazed at the SD quality. I wonder what that would look like now on BD.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173840/

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregf70 /forum/post/15544280

I watched it over the weekend as well on BD and was disappointed in it as well. Mind you I am not a gamer so I hadn't played the games. But I have been a fan of the previous movies so I thought I would give it a try.

I was thinking it would be as good, or better than one of my other favs in this style Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within. I saw that a few years ago and was amazed at the SD quality. I wonder what that would look like now on BD.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173840/

So I guess that the gamers most like this BD and whoever don't play this game won't enjoyed it(very much).To tell you the fact,there is no one who have such special ability as ALICE in the original game,Perhap some don't know.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
I picked this up being a fan of the game series, and while I wasn’t disappointed, I wasn’t thrilled either.

The CGI video is very clear and well done. Only gripes with it are some very weird facial expression /speech animation / ect. There’s been some huge advances in overcoming the uncanny valley, so not sure what was up with this. A realtime game like HL2 did a better job of overcoming the doll like animations. Whatever studio did this, you could tell they’re not Hollywood level, as many scenes and camera angles were just weird, bland, or not very appropriate; so I guess you could say the cinematography was lackluster. A lot of the movie felt liek they just didn't know how to cut it, put it together, or get on with a point.

Plot wise, it was pretty boring. I agree Claire needed more screen time, Leon needed to be a little more human (less bland badass?), and overall the plot needed to be a tad more exciting. I would have loved more flashbacks to RE2 (especially with the main antagonists loss of his family, since that was the whole story), and they should have shown more then the 5 second obliteration of Raccoon City.

That said, there’s tons of eye candy and action towards the later half of the film, and the return of the G-type monster from the games was exciting for anyone who loved RE2.

There’s also some parts that stick out as very Asian plot devices / behavior, but that’s expected seeing how it’s a Japanese IP. Still, when you get that in a plot based in America, it can be distracting.

I’d pick it up in a dollar bin. Pretty glad I essentially got it for free.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Still waiting on Netflix to send it! Had it on the queue towards the top since early December, and it's always been some form of wait.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
I guess my final comparison, and one I've heard before, is it's more like a extended cut scene from the old games.

As long as you know what you're getting yourself into, it's enjoyable. Just don't expect an Avatar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts