AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
I don't have an answer for you. I called PG, but they haven't returned my call yet. If they are using a Nth generation decoder (where N > 1), then presumably there are better algorithms being used.

I am curious as to the degree of improvement, as I want to replace my DTC100. I think I might buy one of these on the hope that the press release is not nonsense.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ClaudeD:
I don't have an answer for you. I called PG, but they haven't returned my call yet. If they are using a Nth generation decoder (where N > 1), then presumably there are better algorithms being used.

I am curious as to the degree of improvement, as I want to replace my DTC100. I think I might buy one of these on the hope that the press release is not nonsense.
Please post a note if you get a reply. I believe that HDTV may have some difficulty in appealing to a wider audience until OTA signals are received with no dropouts (even ones that are brief and infrequent). If the PG HDT-2000 makes significant progress toward that end then I may ditch my DTC-100 when it is only 6 months old. Hey, no one ever said that these things have a long shelf life!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have still not heard from PG. I am seriously considering buying one if it is actually shipping (which the press release says it is). I, for better or worse, believe that the amount of space given in the press release to multi-path advances probably correlates with actual improvement. Rather than being a reasonable surmise, this is probably just indicative of my not having noticed that an economic recession might be underway http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif If I'm mistaken, then I'll have wasted a real amount of money, but it won't be the first (or last) time.

If I hear, or purchase and verify for myself, I'll be sure to let you know.

Claude

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,209 Posts
anyone hear any more about the Princeton HDT-2000? Like the person posting above, I have a DTC-100 and was thinking it might be a replacement but I don't think it does DirecTV, or at least I didn't see that in the short article I just read in the latest Widescreen Review, so I guess it could only replace the OTA HDTV portion of the DTC-100?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.