AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...keep mixing the Looney Tune characters with live action? I really had no idea what it was about, but I saw L.T. Back in Action today- mainly for my daughter's sake. The concept did'nt work in Space Jam, and it does'nt work this time either. So Warner did'nt learn from the last anime/live-action boob. The live action scenes were ok, but the animated sequences really shone. I was pleasantly suprised to see Timothy Dalton here- as a secret agent, no less. It's just that I was sitting there thinking this really could have stood on it's own as a feature-length animation. So, I Think I'll pass on the DVD when it's released.....are you listening Warner?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Space Jam was amazing. The combination of the animation with the live action was flawless, and the story was entertaining. What they should havve done with this new movie was bring MJ back, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on it.

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaymstr
Space Jam was amazing. The combination of the animation with the live action was flawless, and the story was entertaining. What they should havve done with this new movie was bring MJ back, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on it.
MJ is in LTBA- he had a real quick cameo appearance. My beef really is: How funny the NBA player portion of Space Jam was. The player's sequence(s) itself could have been a stand alone movie. Add the mix of the LT with Michael and it was like two separate movies. The players and the Tunes just did'nt blend very well for me. The same situation is repeated in LTBA. This process does work better in some other anime/live movies, such as: Osmosis Jones, & The Incredible Mr Limpett.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
"This process does work better in some other anime/live movies, such as: Osmosis Jones, & The Incredible Mr Limpett."

Roger Rabbit?

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, of course Roger Rabbit was great. I was just not gonna' name every movie where the process worked well.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Osmosis just cut back and forth between live action and anumation; it never combined the two anywhere in the fiom, did it?? BTW, I didn't like Space Jam much and I'm afraid if I see Back in Action my head will explode.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
"Well, of course Roger Rabbit was great. I was just not gonna' name every movie where the process worked well."

Yeah but Mr.Limpett?

·
Registered
9,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by FredProgGH
Osmosis just cut back and forth between live action and anumation; it never combined the two anywhere in the fiom, did it?? BTW, I didn't like Space Jam much and I'm afraid if I see Back in Action my head will explode.
Head will explode?....hehe. LTBA dragged on and on. I took like- a 15 minute nap somewhere during the showing and it still was'nt over. BTW, Osmosis worked well because there was no blending of characters- except at the end, I think. Same goes for Mr. Limpett- very little blending of characters. In spite of being 40 years old, Limpett was much better than LTBA. Who knows, this movie may fall within the parameters of that : Movies That Surprised You by Being Better @ Home thread....Not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.