AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Home Depot and they DO not have Parkland Plastic! I am really upset about this!!! In any case, when the floor person asked me why I wanted that material, I told him that I wanted to create a DIY screen. He then pointed me to waterproof paneling that comes in 8ft by 4ft sizes (by one eighth inch thick). This is an off white material, one side is speckled (actually like little odd shaped bubbles), but the reverse of that paneling is smooth and non glossy. Has anyone seen this at all? Can this be used for a screen if I tack it to the wall? The product in Home Depot is called FRP Panel (or Fibre Reinforced Plastic Panel). It is priced at 19.99 per sheet. On your next trip to Home Depot can one of the Screen gurus here take a look at this product and give me some input on suitability as a screen material?

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

·
Registered
154 Posts
You are not alone!

They don't seem to stock it in Ottawa Canada.

I just went to Home Depot at lunch and they don't seem to carry the Parkland Plastics Plas_Tex PolyWall panels. Only something similar to your description and the darn thing costs $61 CND.

The other closest thing was white formica 4'x8' sheet for $40.

It sure makes me mad that they don't carry this stuff.

Laz

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
availability seems to be a hit or miss proposition. My local Home Depot and Lowes don't carry it but a nearby Menards does. My advice would be to look around at other nearby home improvement stores or to order a sheet direct from Parkland. The contact info should be easy to find in one of the other Parkland mega-threads.

Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.