AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wondered why GG, Tweeters and other stores do not carry the industrial model versions of the consumer products such as the Pio 503 cmx. If they did, several of us who are hesitant to install (hang display on wall ) themselves may go this route if this were available from their local audio video stores.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Its a commercial model. CompUSA (computer store) does carry this model- after all its a "Computer Monitor" (thats why Dell has it) before we decided that we like it for Home Theater instead.

Dave

·
Registered
360 Posts
While my research led me to acquire the 503cmx, I did not want to purchase before I actually saw what it looked like. Seeing the Elite gave me a taste of the picture quality, but I still wanted to see the actual 503cmx prior to purchase.

I emailed a link on Pioneer's commercial site asking them to hook me up with a local distributer. They put me in touch with an outfit nearby that sells to large commercial ventures ('we sold a thousand of them to Lucas films last summer').

Once we were in the door and saw the 503cmx, we admitted that we were not going to buy more than one for personal use. They were OK with that, and quoted us $8,500 with wall mount. When I explained that the unit could be had for under $6,000 online he wished us luck, and we bought from Dell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.