AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the lamp takes longer to get to full brightness but even then it doesn't get as bright as it used to. Other posts say that when the lamp goes belly up it that it goes from working to black all at once. Does anyone have any feel for my problem (slowly dimming) ? I just replaced my color wheel and am tempted to replace the lamp while I've got the back off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a Mits 57731.

I realize the lamp will dim as it ages but then what happens? Does it just go out? When does the red light come on indicating the bulb is through. Only at death?

I'd like to get a new lamp (under my extended warranty) before I need it so I don't have to wait for one to be shipped for who knows how long. I have a feeling the warranty company is not going to send one unless mine is dead.

Any suggestions from those that have been through this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Samsung HLR50 about 4 yrs old and am on the orig lamp. I just looked at another post and they said putting in a new lamp brought back the orig brightness. One of the threads mentioned that the ballast sometimes can cause similar problems. I think I will cough up the big bucks for a new lamp.

That said, I now have the third color wheel in place @ $110 (the previous one was $360 because I had Sears install it) - never again. It really isn't too hard to do yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts