AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now Bond is on and on my system the soundtrack is in spanish. Anyone else having this problem???

I hope they fix it before Final Fantasy comes on. I want my movies in English.

bb

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Same thing here. I hope they get the problem fixed before tonight (I am watching the HBO-HD feed from Dishnetwork).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bb1987
Why is HBO-HD in Spanish?

Right now Bond is on and on my system the soundtrack is in spanish. Anyone else having this problem???
Don't know, good question.

Yup.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Same here. I am on Dish Network. Is the problem also Direct TV ?.

I wonder where is the idiot that fell asleep at the switch.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Is the problem also Direct TV?
Both Dish & DirecTV, so it's from the network.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Same here. I am on Dish Network. Is the problem also Direct TV ?.

I wonder where is the idiot that fell asleep at the switch.
You know, broadcasters do make mistakes. I just tuned to 509 and HBO seems to have corrected the error. It never ceases to amaze me how the anonymity of the internet makes it so easy to write mean, over-the-top things. I doubt HBO employs idiots to operate its network center.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I never said all HBO employees are idiots. Since I worked in television I know for a fact that there are some people who are incompetent. Unfortunately it usually shows up on Holidays when most experienced technicians are off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PTV Programmer

You know, broadcasters do make mistakes. I just tuned to 509 and HBO seems to have corrected the error. It never ceases to amaze me how the anonymity of the internet makes it so easy to write mean, over-the-top things. I doubt HBO employs idiots to operate its network center.
Mistakes were made, eh?

HBO has probably millions of viewers at any given time. So, any mistake will be witnessed by millions. IMHO, that escalates any minor mistake into a major problem. *I* would consider that a "mission critical" situation and take steps to MAKE SURE that mistakes DON'T happen. It can be done. You can't operate like a "mom & pop" store in that situation. If they don't get it right, I don't have a problem with ripping them for it.

There is an idiot at HBO. Its probably not the person at the switch, I fancy its someone higher up cutting corners. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Grayswan

Mistakes were made, eh?

HBO has probably millions of viewers at any given time. So, any mistake will be witnessed by millions.
Broadcast operation standards don't change based on the number of actual viewers, potential viewers or total number of subscribers. Broadcast engineering equipment -- switchers, transmitters, encoders, routers, servers, etc... -- is extremely complicated with high technical demands. Idiots didn't design this equipment and idiots don't operate it either. HBO is arguably the best run television network in the country and I'm certain they take a great deal of pride in the delivery of their content. There is no such thing as an error-free, 24/7 television operation anywhere in the world.

Errors that affect quality irritate everyone, but I'm certain it's not intentional or as a result of "cutting corners."

·
Registered
139 Posts
PTV...

I'm mostly an observer at this forum and I have learned not to get too excited by the liberal use of the language on some posts. It's just part of the territory.

I've learned to ignore those who just say things to encite, and take the good information along with a grain of salt. The good far outweighs the bad. Thanks in advance for your good input.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ez2logon
PTV...

I'm mostly an observer at this forum and I have learned not to get too excited by the liberal use of the language on some posts. It's just part of the territory.

I've learned to ignore those who just say things to encite, and take the good information along with a grain of salt. The good far outweighs the bad. Thanks in advance for your good input.
And thanks for your wise words.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by paul13usa
make your life frustrating thru modern,expensive elactronics devices.
And repairing Harley's is a soothing, frustration free way to make a living? Spair me, please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.