AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My display has developed a flicker at the top of the screen and I can't figure out why. The flicker is in the display even when playing DVDs.

Could this be a defect in the video card or is this from some adjustment in the powerstrip settings. I have a AIW 9700 connected to a 27'' Samsung HDTV trough the component cables that come with the AIW 9700.

I didn't notice the flicker until I added other resolutions in powerstrip. The flicker is in every setting now.

Please help.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
This is just a wild stab, but...

Are you using powerstrip to shrink your desktop to better fit the HDTV screen? If so, perhaps you're seeing part of the sync/interlacing at the top of the video scan which would normally be hidden by the overscanning.

If you adjust the position or size of the picture using the TV's vertical controls, does the problem go away?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I adjusted the sync width on the vertical and then made some other adjustments with Front & Back porch and that solved my problem .

Thanks

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
How do you like the HDTV picture quality from the 9700AIW? That's a setup I'm considering as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.