AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so frustrating...

The TV is hooked up via HDMI to a DVI > HDMI adapter on my 9600gt video card. Text just plain out sucks.. whenever I scroll there is a jitter when I stop.. the list goes on and on it's just flat out disgusting

How do I fix this? I have the latest drivers, I tried fooling around with all the nVidia settings... NOTHING WORKS

I have a panasonic TC32LZ800...

Please please PLEASE help me get my tv to show a proper picture from my computer

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Are you trying to use the HDTV as a PC monitor for PC desktop applications? If yes what resolution are you sending over DVI? If 1080i is your desktop set to 1920x1080? By latest drivers do you mean the 175.19 drivers from the Nvidai Website or later unofficial Beta drivers?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/14209351

Are you trying to use the HDTV as a PC monitor for PC desktop applications? If yes what resolution are you sending over DVI? If 1080i is your desktop set to 1920x1080? By latest drivers do you mean the 175.19 drivers from the Nvidai Website or later unofficial Beta drivers?

yes absolutely.

im sending 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz right now which seems to be the best so far..

i just installed the 177.41 driver, is there something better?

i just cant get over how much worse this looks than my cheapo generic VGA LCD panel

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
In your TV's picture setup menu, do you have an option to set your monitor to HD size 1 or 2? Setting 2 should give you 1:1 pixel mapping for your HD signal.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maybe it's some of the settings on your TV. I played with mine a bit and it made an improvement. Try disabling most of the automatic junk on it and see what happens.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWikiera /forum/post/14209653

In your TV's picture setup menu, do you have an option to set your monitor to HD size 1 or 2? Setting 2 should give you 1:1 pixel mapping for your HD signal.

BOMB if i could hug you through the internet i would...

at first it didnt work but then i had to turn off nvidia scaling, tanx

now to just fix the damn colors...

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Page 49 of your TV's manual states that the maximum resolution supported by the "TV" input of your TV (which is VGA) is 1280x1024.

Assuming you have connnected your PC via HDMI (which looks like you have), unless you can send one of the specific signals mentioned on page 49 of your manual, it will probably be blurry. For 1080p, it looks like the TV is looking for:

- horizontal 67.43KHz x vertical 59.94Hz

- or horizontal 67.5KHz x vertical 60Hz

Lots of TVs are very picky about their signals. And powerstrip will not work on the 9600GT, so if you can manage to do these resolutions and timings within teh Nvidia cntrol panel and custom resolutions support there, you're SOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts