AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere I've read that Showstopper records in SD and not in HD. I've got my 2000 hooked to a HD TV (720 resolution) and DirectTV's HR22 via s-video. I've compared the HD recording on the DirectTV's HD recorder with my old Showstopper and it's hard to tell any difference, they both look HD. I don't get it. What's going on here?

James

·
Registered
93 Posts
Your showstopper is not recording in HD, but you are getting a very good picture, because you are feeding it a very good source.

A lot of people report that the ShowStopper and Replays can approach DVD quality if given a high-quality (downcoverted HD) input source.

Whether you can tell the difference between that and true HD depends on the size and quality of the TV, as well as the type of material you are watching (in sports with a lot of fast motion, etc. you may be able to see the difference more readily).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have the DirecTV hooked up to my HD TV with HDMI, by passing showstopper, and really, there is little or no difference between what the DirecTV's HD recorder records and what I get with the Showstopper. I switched back and forth between them to look for differences. I'm guessing my TV is working wonders with with Showstopper signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts