AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been showing the image from my 300U on a piece of the bright white tileboard from Lowes. I was going to paint it eggshell white because of the terrible hotspotting. I also have a 1970's era pull down surplus screen that I don't use because of the waves.

Anyway I ran across a local mom and pop hardware store that sells the Polywall material so I picked up a piece.

In comparing the Lowes tileboard and the Polywall I found when I show half the image on the tileboard and half on the textured side of polywall, the image on the polywall is noticably sharper. My wife noticed it as well. Also the whites on the Polywall aren't quite as white but I'd never notice the whites if it wasn't side by side. The ipolywall mage is also sharper than the surplus pull down.

Being new to the world of projectors and screens my question is: what makes the Parkland image noticably sharper. I think I'd notice it even if I wasn't comparing them side my side.

By the way the sharpness difference is most noticable when viewing an image from analog or digital cable. The difference is barely noticable with a DVD image.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.