AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is this unit available for under $5k all over the web? The retail price is obviously unrealistic--but isn't this unit underpriced for what it is?

Is there something wrong with it?

I was looking at the Hitachi 42HDT50, which is a beautiful unit--and it is much more expensive.

What gives?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'll take a stab at this

Even though the Pioneer 4340 and 5040 are consumer models. Many many commercial distributors can get their hands on them, and thus offer them at reduced rates. On the other hand, consumer Hitachi is not available to the commercial distributors and thus only found in consumer B&Ms for the most part, which keeps prices high.

Does that help?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and by the way....

How can Pioneer not honor their warranty if it is not sold by an authorized dealer? It is sold by practically every consumer electronics website! It they can wholesale it to the suppliers who retail it on the web, why should'nt we have that price advantage.

I'm almost certain that not honoring a warranty is not legal in many states.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Can anyone compare the scaling electronics quality of the media-box-based Pioneer PDP-4340 vs. the cheaper Pioneer 433CMX commercial model with an addon card like the Aurora cards that have motion-adaptive scaling? In the past the media-box electronics was considered inferior to that in the addon cards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.