AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks sketcha. i should have checked wikipedia myself first. i didnt thought of that.

i was just surprised when my friend send the mail. i was like huh. what news did i miss, universal now at bluray. but now it all makes sence. universal music group is different then Universal motion pictures.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketcha /forum/post/0

It appears (by way of wikipedia) that it is no longer part of Universal Studios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Music_Group

Patience. It's just a matter of time.

It's been there since CES 2006. Universal is not supporting BR. They confirmed that in a press release last week.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man /forum/post/0

If you think some folks around here hit the panic button after CES...this one is going to be really fun to watch (if you are correct Penton
). I'm also sure we'll get some quotes/spin from certain people on this site that will go down in history...I cannot wait.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketcha /forum/post/0

It appears (by way of wikipedia) that it is no longer part of Universal Studios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Music_Group

Patience. It's just a matter of time.

Yeah, just like how HD-DVD outsold BR for months and months and BR is just not starting to become even with HD-DVD sales. Yeah, just like that

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soremekun /forum/post/0

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/general_i...009/Index.html

Warner Bros. is on the BDA board of directors but they produce both Blu ray and HD DVD movies.

Yes, but they are also members of the North American HD DVD Promotion Group. A group that they helped contribute their share of a 150 Million Dollar purse to.

Besides that stupid Universal music sign is just PR crap to make people think that the BDA has the support of every major studio including Universal studios.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 /forum/post/0

If you think some folks around here hit the panic button after CES...this one is going to be really fun to watch (if you are correct Penton
). I'm also sure we'll get some quotes/spin from certain people on this site that will go down in history...I cannot wait.

The last history I recall was when science fiction became a reality, (i.e. BD50) and now......... a commoner and commoner reality.

History tends to repeat itself.

Tuck this thread away somewhere for safe keeping and a good laugh.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

Quote:

The last history I recall was when science fiction became a reality, (i.e. BD50) and now......... a commoner and commoner reality.

Of course, now it's only going to be single layer on the WB Total HD, but lets not go there.

Quote:

History tends to repeat itself.

Tuck this thread away somewhere for safe keeping and a good laugh.

One step ahead of ya!!!

This is going to "one for the ages". I can only imagine how good a laugh it will be for some insiders as well.

·
Banned
1,439 Posts
I think Blu Ray is a great medium, but Universal sunk a lot of money into HD DVD and it would be stupid of them to abandon the format so early.

If they do support both, it will be more like a few years instead of a few months.

But, he is not just on the board, he is the Chairman of the Board for the HD DVD promo group, he has a lot at stake when it comes to HD DVD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.