AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned off my Dish 6000 receiver via the front panel, then turned it back on again, but received no message about an upgrade. Then, I went into the "New Features" section of the Menu, but it just told me there were no new upgrades available. My software version is currently 691PCNAD-N. Why am I not getting the upgrade?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Possibly you have put in the preferences to be notified prior to download. I my case I found that I had to wait longer than the last time for the download and that the yellow light flashes now instead of the green and will go off when the down load is complete. I had to wait about 3 mins before it began. Hope this helps

Bill Reed in Lutz FL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I tried leaving it off for 20 minutes and that did the trick. IF ONLY I HADN'T OF DONE THAT THOUGH! I wish there was a way to revert back to the old version. I absolutely hate the fact that you have to hit the "*" every time you want to watch an HD channel in Normal mode (I keep it in Stretch mode for regular viewing).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
As noted above, assuming that you have accepted the upgrade or checked the download updates without asking box and turned your receiver off, you need to leave it off for about 10 minutes. I tried a quick off/on a couple of times with no success but once it was off for a minute or two the front panel lights started blinking like a modem Tx/Rx light. Once they stopped blinking I waited another minute or so and turned it back on. At that point the upgrade is done, you don't have to check any acknowlegements or anything.

[This message has been edited by Lee L (edited 07-23-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.