AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that special features for Tears of the Sun and BHD includes options to display subtitles in English and Korean. This is in addition to subtitles for the main feature. But why include special features with Korean subtitles over more common French, Spanish or even Japanese???

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not talking about subtitles for the main feature. These are subtitles for special features that pop up like commentaries during the movie. You have choice of English or Korean only which is really strange.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look at the BD region map and how it breaks down.

No doubt they are going to be offering subtitles in languages that are within the same zone on the same discs.

IIRC North America and parts of Asia share Region A/1 whereas Europe is Region B/2.

Why they don't offer French (at least Canadian French), which is also North American and therefore in Region A/1 would be the big question.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Possibly a port from one of the Korean versions of the movie?

When Koreans do a special edition of a movie, they go all out, usually far exceeding the caliber we're use to here in terms of special editions. I'm sure that subtitle material was already in existence for their foreign release and with all that space, they figured might as well include it.

I find Sony/Columbia are really good at including as many subtitles as possible (such as Korean, Portugese, Thai, Chinese, Italian) compared with other studios who usually stick to the usual English, French, Spanish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.