AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Sat-C kit about a month ago and it worked flawlessly up until two days ago. I now have a ZERO signal on transponder #'s 8, 10, 12. My signals on the 119 and 101 have not significantly changed at all. What are the most likely causes of me missing my Showtime-HD upconverts?

FYI - I am using:

TV: Sony KV-32XBR400

SAT: ProScan PSHD-105 (same as RCA DTC-100)

DISH: 24"x18"

TRANSCODER: RCA VHDC-300

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Rick, did you try a hard re-boot of your receiver? My RCA DTC100 will ocassionally get senile and I have to physically pull the power plug from the outlet, sometimes more than once, for at least 15 seconds or so to restore normal operation.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried un-plugging it for 20 minutes and that did NOT fix it. I have since checked both my other DirecTV receivers (all of which are set up to receive 101/119/110) and all of them do get 101/119, but NONE of them get 110 anymore. I get NO signal for any 110 transponders (8/10/12). When I check channel 90, I no longer get the message confirming that it works. NOW, what is the most likely cause? Also, if I am paying DirecTV ~$60.00 annually for their service plan, should I just call them and see if they can send someone out to fix it for me? (and will they?)

FYI - For the month that everything was working, I got these signals (estimated):

101: 84-95

119: 42-60

110: 48-60

... and now I get this (estimated):

101: 84-95

119: 42-60

110: 0 (NOT estimated)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
RScogland:

I gather than some of the Sat C kit connectors can be a bit finicky and the wires aren't any too long. You've probably done it already, but it's worth checking the connectors for a bent middle wire. Otherwise, it could be a problem with your multi-switch.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I do want to confirm ... is there any way possible that I am aimed correctly to get 101+119 but NOT aimed correctly to get 110? I ask because my dish is mounted 15-feet up on a pine tree and it is possible that something changed (tree moved, branch grew, etc.).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine did the same thing last weekend. In the morning it was working and in the afternoon 110 was gone. I called DirectTV and they did something on their end and told me to reboot. I did that and lost all channels. Then I turned the receiver off for 20 minutes. When I turned it back on I had lost both the 110 and 119. I called DirectTV and insisted that they completely reset all of the options I have ordered. I then entered in a new (neighboring) zip code and re-scanned for the Guide Data). Then slowly over the next 10 minutes all of the stations returned from both satellites. Exactly what went wrong, I have no idea (Neither does Direct TV, they kept blaming my receiver)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
RScogland:

I don't see how it can be the aiming of the dish that's at fault because you're getting both Sat A and B OK. Sat C is in between the 2, so if you have a line of sight issue, it should affect one or both of the others. Perhaps it's possible something very small is blocking the Sat C signal, though. Also, recheck your receiver settings to ensure it's set up to receive all 3 satellites.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I had DirecTV come take a look, and they think it is a faulty "combiner" that is causing my Sat-C woes. The guy didn't have one with him so I have to wait a bit longer. Are "Sat-B/Sat-C Combiners" not sold seperately? I couldn't find them at Radio Shack or anywhere on-line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.