AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why none of the original Saturday Night Live episoides -- from 1975 to 1978 -- have made it to DVD? I thought they might have been lost or damaged, but they are now showing in E! - and the only things on DVD are compilations around one star. I'm wondering if I should start taping these or if DVD will happen someday.

Michael

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
They might never appear. The rights for re-broadcast were included when the shows were originally broadcast. But releases on tape are a different matter. There were some shows from the 70s on VHS, but they were missing some musical guests. I suppose the main problem is how many of them exist. It's a weekly show that's been on for 28 years. That is going to be one honking huge box set. Comedy Central is only airing shows from 1980 on. NBC was playing some of the earlier shows after the current weekly airing - that's how I was able to get decent copies of some that I really needed from the old days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.