AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Van Halen is one of the great rock bands ever with incredible guitars and drums. They had a great sound that would be awesome in MLP. With Warner being one of the biggest supporters of DVD-AUDIO why havent they put out any Van Halen DVD-AUDIO's? Anybody want to have some Van Halen in DVD-AUDIO?Thanks J.H.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was actually wondering this as well earlier this week. Of course it would have to be classic VH (w/ DLR) :)

I also think ELO's Greatest Hits would sound awesome as a SACD or DVD-A.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Aside from the very early initial sacd/dvd-audio discs which were backed by studios to get the format rolling, pretty much every title since then has been done because the artist wanted it done and was willing to spend the money. So if you want Van Halen on dvd-audio, you'll have to twist Eddie's arm to pony up the cash.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
THe record labels are really missing the boat here. The good back catalog stuff is what is carrying these formats, its not the new material. Look at the top selling hi-res titles, all old stuff that is the creme of the crop.....

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The first VH album should be remixed by Elliot Scheiner for DVD-Audio. Whenever I filled out the reply cards that were enclosed with the DVD-Audio albums I bought, I listed Van Halen as a group I would like to hear in the DVD-Audio format. Send those emails to Warner!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.