AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can watch DEA on Spike TV and the quality IS AMAZING

then I watch NBA ON TNT and the quality IS NOT EVEN CLOSE,

do these companies not use the same cameras?.

I don't know what type of HD camera DEA has but wow IT IS AMAZING

best looking show that isn't a movie on HDTV period.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
hey bro i feel ya, man sometimes even not shows, sometimes a commerical comes on and the quality is STUNNING , sometimes there are commericals that make me feel like puking lol

Same with shows, some shows look really good but some shows look so blurry, grainy and with faded colors.

i wish all channels looked amazing

·
Registered
456 Posts
There's much, much more to PQ than just the camera, and for the record there are many different types and brands of HD cams. Each channel is going to look different due differences in broadcast equipment and how it is configured.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Because ****** bags want 'full HD in 1080p' man. Your sports, like NBA or NFL games may look better in 720p at a higher frame rate. Plus, if you are watching over cable, how do you know how many times the signal has been changed?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Who is your provider?

While watching NBA on TNT on Dishnetwork it typically looks very good.

Some providers will try to squeeze additional channels on each carrier reducing bandwidth which will reduce picture quality.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Usually, it's the other way around; filmed TV programs will look like DVD-quality, while live sports will look "amazing". As others said, depends on so much; native res of the channel, your setup, cameras used, personal perception, etc..

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Film-sourced (24p) content like movies and episodic series requires less bandwidth than native video (60i) like live sports.

TNT-HD delivers its feed at 18+Mbps, which usually provides a stunning picture on high-definition sports. It sounds like you are getting significantly less than that with your provider. If your cable provider is recompressing their feed from 18Mbps to say 12-14Mbps, that would still provide an excellent picture on movies and series, but the quality of native video content (like sports) would suffer greatly.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslide /forum/post/18156370

Any info on DEA and SPIKE TV HD?, because wow that show blows my mind every time its on in terms of quality

i dont have spike hd so cant tell ya there
but i noticed that the Office on TBS HD blows my mind, its super clear and vivid colors.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
Any info on DEA and SPIKE TV HD?, because wow that show blows my mind every time its on in terms of quality

again, whatever that show uses doesnt matter. by the time the signal from that master gets to your house, its converted, compressed, and decompressed many times.

you never answered you your provider is, that makes a big difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.