AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My first HDTV quest continues and I apologize if this has been asked before.

I am looking at LCD and Plasma prices and the sets with 1365X768 resolution are selling for a higher price than the 1024X768.

My question is IF I plan to watch everything in 720P (cable HD and DVD 480P) or less, why should I pay more for a 1365X768 TV.

Also, IF I have a home theater set up and a cable box (HD DVR) can I get a Plasma/LCD monitor instead of "TV".

Thank you in advance for your time and input

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
yes you are new to this I see, anything that says 1365x768 is a 50" and up panel "reason why you pay more, is because it is a bigger screen", 1024x768 is always a 40" to 42"panel "reason why it is less than a 1365x768, is becasue it is a smaller screen", hope this helped you out

·
Banned
117 Posts
Cybertec is right with regards to the native resolution of the plasma displays, 42 = 1024x768 vs 50" =1365x768. LCD is it only aninmal with regards to resolution, but then we are talking about differences in technology and not just resolution. In my opinion your best blended looking display, and flexibility in how the different sources you want to hook up to you screen....is plasma.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1996 /forum/post/0

Also, IF I have a home theater set up and a cable box (HD DVR) can I get a Plasma/LCD monitor instead of "TV".

Thank you in advance for your time and input

Yes, you can get a monitor if you don't need/want the extras the tv includes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.