AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you are wanting to go Samsung and want a flat panel i would look at the JU7100. I suggest you also take a look at their JS line being the JS8500 which is in their SUHD line.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's more a personal preference thing. Both are excellent.
I suggest going to a good up-scale audio/video showroom that has both models, properly adjusted, and look at them side by side.
When I audition TV's I take my favorite BD's along with me.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Your close to a 65JS9500 if you contact Chris at Cleveland Plasma - it has all the bells and whistles but I'm not saying to choose it over the Sony unless after having auditioned both and considering the feature set you prefer and wow you - then that should be your choice PERIOD! An edge lit will never match the capability of FALD IMO.

Buying one panel over another should only come down to what speaks to your eyes and makes you pull out your wallet as your marrying that thing for many years to come.

At your budget the 65JS9500 or Sony HDR capable or Vizio R series though waiting endlessly for real product may try your patience. Also, the Sony 2014 carryover 65X950B is no slouch - I cross compared it with the edge lit JS9000 and the Sony beat the edge easily IMO. Weigh our feedback but let your eyes alone be the judge. Cleveland Plasma a Forum Sponsor may get you closer to your budget target or Gear4Less on EBay with the Samsung.

NOTE: BTW 2015 Sony Product has yet to be distributed for audition though and so the new "X1" Processor is an unknown as is the Google Android Services and HDR capability and for a short while Samsung has an advantage with real product distributed.

Good Luck!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.