AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visual Apex is offering a three year warranty for around $150...that's $50 per year (actually $75 since the manufacturer warranties it for the first year).

Usually I'm not a proponent of extended warranties so I would like to know what you guys think about this?

I called VA and they will be emailing me the details of the program...it will be intersting to see what's covered (hopefully dust blobs, dead pixels).

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im also interested in this. Is the Panny reliable or is an extended warrenty a good idea?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do we know who the warranty is provided by? I mean, is it a manufacturer warranty that is good at any Panny authorized repair shop, or do you have to send it back to the retailer?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Check on the price of a replacement LCD block ... :)

$150 doesn't scratch the surface if you need to replace one ...

These things just aren't like your normal old TV ... and they sure as heck aren't as cheap to repair!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the info yet but it sounds like it will be bare bones and very limited. I will report back once I get the details.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
(Paul)VA just called me and the vendor is Philips Electronics. They are still rehashing the details but will get back to me tomorrow. According to Paul it will likely cover things like a fan going out or a power supply failure...mostly manufacturing defects.

he told me to keep all the original packing because they will swap a machine if a problem cannot be properly fixed. It is also an in-home warranty with someone at the door within a 24-hour turnaround.

Their customer service is amazing. He was really interested in how my 300 was performing and we actually just chatted about setup issues and all that stuff. They're a cool gang and will definitely get more business from me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm watching VA very closely too, and considering about the extended warranty stuff. Especially since my credit card will automatically double the manuf. warranty, so I'm very curious whether the $150 is worth it. Thx!

Joel

·
Registered
188 Posts
Argh... price drop... AV has the projector for $1839 now, and the also make the extended warranty to 5 years for $1995 still. I'm very itching to pull the trigger..

·
Registered
587 Posts
I wonder if you have to buy the extended warranty at the time of purchase? Is their any grace period? I just bought mine from VA and was not offered this warranty.

~ Jay

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jay, I called and told them I had purchased mine from them 3 weekends ago and it would not be a problem to purchase the warranty. I'm not sure if there is any deadline per se.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The info I got on the warranty was 1 year parts and labor by Panasonic and the 4 years parts and labor provided by Philips. We are supposed to be receiving some more details with the package. Hopefully mine will come today.

Matt

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Charles from VA will send me something by end of day today. They did change the price to include 5 years...maybe I should jump on it before they change their minds...that's an outstanding deal!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.