AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDTV takes some technical doins to broadcast. Why is so little of it accompanied with 5.1 audio.


I estimate Maybe 15% of my HD reception includes 5.1.


I'll bet I'm not alone in obsessing over quality presentation among this crowd.


Yes HDTV is wonderfull. No doubt about it. But 5.1 adds so much to our viewing pleasure.


Wuts up with that?


:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,557 Posts
Its out there. I guess its a mix of reasons.


1. Some programs aren't avaiable in DD5.1 2. Some stations can't xmit DD5.1. So who do you blame?


CBS is supposed to start DD5.1 next fall on their shows. :D


Everything is still in its infancy. just hold on and wait it out, it will be here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Its out there. I guess its a mix of reasons.


1. Some programs aren't avaiable in DD5.1 2. Some stations can't xmit DD5.1. So who do you blame?


CBS is supposed to start DD5.1 next fall on their shows. :D


Everything is still in its infancy. just hold on and wait it out, it will be here.
....biting fingernails to the nub waiting :eek:


:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chapdog

HDTV takes some technical doins to broadcast. Why is so little of it accompanied with 5.1 audio.

Maybe you should start calling your local networks such as ABC and ask them when they expect to switch over to 5.1. Since ABC's HD programming is mostly 5.1, that would be a good place to start.


Then call the others. Even Fox does 5.1 audio with their sporting events that's widescreen, however if your local station is not set up to deliver 5.1, your not going to get it.



You should also look into getting HBO-HD and Showtime-HD since most of their HD programming is also 5.1.


HDNet is 5.1 all day, even if the programming itself is not a true 5.1 format. Most of their sporting events are 5.1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Thebarnman
Maybe you should start calling your local networks such as ABC and ask them when they expect to switch over to 5.1. Since ABC's HD programming is mostly 5.1, that would be a good place to start.


Then call the others. Even Fox does 5.1 audio with their sporting events that's widescreen, however if your local station is not set up to deliver 5.1, your not going to get it.



You should also look into getting HBO-HD and Showtime-HD since most of their HD programming is also 5.1.


HDNet is 5.1 all day, even if the programming itself is not a true 5.1 format. Most of their sporting events are 5.1.
Far from "most" of HBO or HDNet is 5.1 for me. Some but not nearly most. :(
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top